Blunt Truth in Live and Unsigned area finals
Published at 13:37, Thursday, 17 May 2012
POP rockers Blunt Truth have made it to the area finals of a nationwide battle of the bands competition.
The young Kendal outfit head to Huddersfield this weekend with the hope of progressing to the Live and Unsigned grand final at London’s O2 Arena.
They were voted as one of the top bands at a recent regional showcase, and on Saturday they will face a professional judging panel, including judges from Radio One, Kerrang and Choice FM.
Bassist Gareth Tyson, who hails from Dalton, says: “The competition means a great deal to all of us.
“We’re chuffed with getting this far, because there was some really great acts that didn’t make it through. However, we have our sights set on the grand final at the O2 Arena, so we aim to give it our all at the show in Huddersfield on Sunday.
“We’re really excited and we can’t wait to perform.”
The winners of the Grand Final will be awarded the title of the UK’s best unsigned act in front of a capacity crowd on the main stage at Live Fest – London’s biggest indoor festival – winning a £10,000 cash prize and a tour that includes 15 UK festivals and one European date.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect (1 comment)
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|