Blunt Truth in Live and Unsigned area finals
Published at 13:37, Thursday, 17 May 2012
POP rockers Blunt Truth have made it to the area finals of a nationwide battle of the bands competition.
The young Kendal outfit head to Huddersfield this weekend with the hope of progressing to the Live and Unsigned grand final at London’s O2 Arena.
They were voted as one of the top bands at a recent regional showcase, and on Saturday they will face a professional judging panel, including judges from Radio One, Kerrang and Choice FM.
Bassist Gareth Tyson, who hails from Dalton, says: “The competition means a great deal to all of us.
“We’re chuffed with getting this far, because there was some really great acts that didn’t make it through. However, we have our sights set on the grand final at the O2 Arena, so we aim to give it our all at the show in Huddersfield on Sunday.
“We’re really excited and we can’t wait to perform.”
The winners of the Grand Final will be awarded the title of the UK’s best unsigned act in front of a capacity crowd on the main stage at Live Fest – London’s biggest indoor festival – winning a £10,000 cash prize and a tour that includes 15 UK festivals and one European date.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Mickey’s magic casts its spell
- Fans of punk legends set for night of unbridled Joy
- Band makes song and dance of it
- Comic stars add to draw for festival
- Write way to walk county
- Seven-piece forging a strong reputation
- Award-winning group bring their fresh take on folk to Cumbria
- Event will help fund research
- Beware the frozen virus of doom!
- Charging into danger
- Fighting a war at sea
- Builders gave leaky Dalton castle a longer life
- Apprenticeships are huge benefit
- Bright ideas to prepare for day
- K2B veteran Dave sticks to tough training regime
- Park run
- Sky ride
- Eye Health
- First Aid
- Ancient therapy treats host of problems
- Don’t wait to write your will
- Putting faces to past presidents of Rotary
- Miners move to a new life
- Museum loses out on bid for war watch
- Opening a window on salesman’s world
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|