AN MP has described as 'truly shocking' the allegations that health bosses covered up a failure to investigate a hospital where mothers and babies died due to neglect.
FIREFIGHTERS came to the rescue of a child trapped in a locked car in Ulverston.
CRUEL snipers are thought to have lured Barrow birds to their death using pieces of bread. (22 comments)
- Cartmel chef to be named Cumbria Tourism Personality of 2013
- Barrow hospital nursing boss quits but will keep salary
- Inquest into Millom suspected double murder to open in Cumbria today
- Cumbria police appeal after girl, 10, says she was touched by man on street
- Cyclist left with head injuries in Cumbria crash
FOUR people have been arrested in connection with a street attack which left a 29-year-old man in a critical condition. (3 comments)
BRILLIANT baking talent was on show at this weekend’s Evening Mail Great Barrow Bake Off.
THE most caring individuals will be recognised at the Heart of Ulverston Awards.
• Click here to nominate someone for a Heart of Ulverston Award
BLUEBIRDS chairman Brian Keen is not demanding an instant escape from the Conference North, despite being buoyed by Dave Bayliss’s early transfer activity.
TWO Great Urswick Brownies have won a partial victory in their quest to persuade Manchester Arena to change its food confiscation policy.
LAST week Men's Health Week aimed to encourage men to talk to someone about mental health issues. Today we ask: Do men find it harder to talk about mental health problems than women? (1 comment)
A COMMUNITY group helping to enrich lives in one of the most deprived parts of Barrow has been awarded £1,000 as part of a charitable trust giveaway.
• Click here to fill out the application form for and nominate your organisation