Al powers back with Jensen Interceptors
Last updated at 14:36, Friday, 20 January 2012
THIS week the Barrow R&B Club welcomes back an old friend with a new band to Bar Continental.
Rev Doc and the Congregation were firm favourites due in no small part to the superb playing of lead guitarist, Al Brown.
They are now disbanded, but Al has been instrumental in setting up the Jensen Interceptors, who now make their Barrow debut. Gary Martin is the front man, contributing vocals, harmonica and some slide guitar.
The main difference between the Interceptors’ line-up and that of the regular Congregation, is the presence of Kirk Lothian on Hammond and piano.
He has recorded with the late great John Martyn, which speaks volumes in itself.
First published at 13:30, Thursday, 19 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Field crammed with 4,000 for country fun
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Salford Quays
- FOOD REVIEW: Francescas, Barrow
- From high-tech to bye-bye tech
- Area looking to fresh horizons
- Slave trade opens new talk season
- Digging for the story of island’s wartime role
- Listen to an island story
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Body’s ability to repair itself falls
- Problem ‘just as life-threatening as obesity and poverty’
- Old adage worth remembering
- Iron riches prompted cross-country route
- Moving ceremony to heal divisions
- Belt badges took two wars to find
- Long tradition of volunteers
- Back to fight for King and country
- Don’t surround jewel in crown with housing
- Being part of union works
- When the fairground rides arrived in Barrow
- Inflationary times when a brew was 5p
- Reminder from era of RAF base
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|