Al powers back with Jensen Interceptors
Last updated at 14:36, Friday, 20 January 2012
THIS week the Barrow R&B Club welcomes back an old friend with a new band to Bar Continental.
Rev Doc and the Congregation were firm favourites due in no small part to the superb playing of lead guitarist, Al Brown.
They are now disbanded, but Al has been instrumental in setting up the Jensen Interceptors, who now make their Barrow debut. Gary Martin is the front man, contributing vocals, harmonica and some slide guitar.
The main difference between the Interceptors’ line-up and that of the regular Congregation, is the presence of Kirk Lothian on Hammond and piano.
He has recorded with the late great John Martyn, which speaks volumes in itself.
First published at 13:30, Thursday, 19 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|