Activity day prize for school team
Published at 13:22, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
By Jo Davies
ATEAM activity day will be one of the top prizes in the Energy for Life Walney Fun Run.
YMCA at Lakeside has offered the prize, for 10 pupils with a teacher, to encourage more schools to register a team.
Schools have been so keen to link in with the Walney Family Fun Run that a special provision of a school-only 4.2km run has been added to the 5.1km and 10.2km runs.
This does not preclude children from entering the longer runs as individuals.
With a host of prizes available for the winners, including the team activity day, it is hoped many more will take up the challenge on June 17. The event is being organised in partnership with the Evening Mail, Barrow Borough Council, Barrow Borough Sports Council and Friends of Walney.
The fun run and walk will be held on Biggar Bank, giving participants and spectators uninterrupted views of the turbines as they stride towards the finishing line.
A donation from all entry fees will be made to Friends of Walney to benefit local community projects.
All entrants will receive a free day pass for DW Sports, a bottle of Lakeland Spring Water, fruit provided by Wray and Ian Brocklebank, of Dalton and Go Ahead Cereal bars.
Other prizes available are a month membership at Nuffield Health, worth £65, a Barrow Paintball pass worth £30, a £50 DW sportswear voucher, a £50 Tesco Metro voucher, one month membership to Club MAX Youth Gym at The Park Leisure Centre, a one week activity pass for Inside Out Enterprise, worth £60, a Go Kart Session for a team of six from Cumbria Karting; a Power Kite Taster Session for a team of six with North West Kite Surfing and a family pass to Camelot.
To register for the event visit www.sientries.co.uk
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|