A soul sensation
Last updated at 14:23, Thursday, 31 May 2012
CELEBRATED soul singer Mica Paris will be making a trip to Cumbria next week as part of her UK tour.
The gospel star has enjoyed a glittering musical career spanning four decades during which she has had dozens of hit records and shared the stage with some of the biggest names in music.
Having exploded on to the international music scene in 1988 with the release of her debut single My One Temptation, her subsequent album, So Good, sold more than a million copies worldwide.
This led to a joint smash hit Where Is The Love with the American soul singer Will Downing, followed by collaborations with internationally-renowned artists such as Prince, Dionne Warwick and Jools Holland. In 2002, Mica moved into broadcasting and hosted her own BBC Radio 2 show, Soul Solutions, which became the most successful soul and R&B show in the UK. In 2004 she was included in the Top 10 list of the 100 Great Black Britons.
Over the years, Paris has continued to perform live at prestigious venues around the world and last year she appeared at London’s Royal Albert Hall as part of a star-studded Dusty Springfield celebration concert, singing a duet with Paul Rodgers – lead singer with Free and Bad Company.
Her appearance at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre next Thursday will form part of her nationwide My One Temptation tour.
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
First published at 13:48, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Miniature world of railway history comes to county
- Email influx sparks dread
- FOOD REVIEW: Farmers Arms, Lowick
- Woodland products for the textile mills
- I want to hear points of view
- Billy Ocean performing in Barrow
- A town pioneer for adventurous girls
- Turning farm lads into Lord’s new soldiers
- Learn about occupations’ vision rules
- Meters will put off town visitors
- ‘When I get in the boat it’s just so peaceful’
- Oarsome opportunity to try hand at rowing
- How to get started
- First Aid
- Sky ride
- Rose growers battle to take the top prize
- Answering call of mobile mania
- Daily dangers faced by merchant sailors
- How ranks were filled
- Remembering our VC winner
- Message of bravery as troops go to war
- FOOD REVIEW: The Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge
- Jobs market is different world
- Skim foot off a lake to keep taps going
Visit our websites for...
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|