A soul sensation
Last updated at 14:23, Thursday, 31 May 2012
CELEBRATED soul singer Mica Paris will be making a trip to Cumbria next week as part of her UK tour.
The gospel star has enjoyed a glittering musical career spanning four decades during which she has had dozens of hit records and shared the stage with some of the biggest names in music.
Having exploded on to the international music scene in 1988 with the release of her debut single My One Temptation, her subsequent album, So Good, sold more than a million copies worldwide.
This led to a joint smash hit Where Is The Love with the American soul singer Will Downing, followed by collaborations with internationally-renowned artists such as Prince, Dionne Warwick and Jools Holland. In 2002, Mica moved into broadcasting and hosted her own BBC Radio 2 show, Soul Solutions, which became the most successful soul and R&B show in the UK. In 2004 she was included in the Top 10 list of the 100 Great Black Britons.
Over the years, Paris has continued to perform live at prestigious venues around the world and last year she appeared at London’s Royal Albert Hall as part of a star-studded Dusty Springfield celebration concert, singing a duet with Paul Rodgers – lead singer with Free and Bad Company.
Her appearance at Kendal Brewery Arts Centre next Thursday will form part of her nationwide My One Temptation tour.
Doors open at 7.30pm and tickets are available from the venue’s box office.
First published at 13:48, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Mickey’s magic casts its spell
- Fans of punk legends set for night of unbridled Joy
- Band makes song and dance of it
- Comic stars add to draw for festival
- Write way to walk county
- Seven-piece forging a strong reputation
- Award-winning group bring their fresh take on folk to Cumbria
- Event will help fund research
- Beware the frozen virus of doom!
- Charging into danger
- Fighting a war at sea
- Builders gave leaky Dalton castle a longer life
- Apprenticeships are huge benefit
- Bright ideas to prepare for day
- K2B veteran Dave sticks to tough training regime
- Park run
- Sky ride
- Eye Health
- First Aid
- Ancient therapy treats host of problems
- Don’t wait to write your will
- Putting faces to past presidents of Rotary
- Miners move to a new life
- Museum loses out on bid for war watch
- Opening a window on salesman’s world
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|