A MAN has died after being allegedly attacked in a Barrow street earlier this week. (25 comments)
AN MP has described as 'truly shocking' allegations of the health regulator's failure to investigate a hospital where mothers and babies died. (5 comments)
- Family of newborn son and wife who both died at FGH welcomes report
- Barrow hospital scandal 'deeply disturbing' – prime minister (4 comments)
- Health secretary's statement on failure to investigate Barrow hospital trust
- Regulator's full statement on Barrow hospital scandal
- Cumbria MPs slam 'indefensible' CQC
CRUEL snipers are thought to have lured Barrow birds to their death using pieces of bread. (57 comments)
BRILLIANT baking talent was on show at this weekend’s Evening Mail Great Barrow Bake Off.
THE most caring individuals will be recognised at the Heart of Ulverston Awards.
• Click here to nominate someone for a Heart of Ulverston Award
NEW Barrow AFC central midfielder Richard Davies is determined to put his recent injury hell behind him by helping the club claw their way back into the Conference Premier.
A YOUNG mum who nearly died after drinking up to six litres of strong, white cider a day for three years, is urging young people not to make the same mistakes she did.
IT was an emotional moment when former naval airman, Frank Walton, stood on the shores of Wastwater and surveyed its bleak majesty.
REBECCA Carter, 27, of Barrow, married Richard Graham, 29, from Stockton-on-Tees at the Chequers Hotel in Dalton on March 30, 2013
KELLY Bridle, a support worker, and Dean Wharton, a fabricator, both originally from Askam, married at St Peter’s Church, Ireleth, on Saturday April 27, 2013.
FOURTEEN former pupils of a Barrow primary school met up for a reunion last Saturday.
THE latest batch of Evening Mail winners have been enjoying their prizes – and in one case the win is going to help sustain some important civic duties.
Send us your pet pictures and we will include them in this online gallery.
• Click here to find out how
- Residents slam bid for Barrow mental health centre (22 comments)
- Furness Academy in Barrow placed under special measures (229 comments)
People can now compare availability of superfast broadband in their area with an interactive map.
• Click here to view the map