Family pay tribute to a "well respected Cumbrian Business man"
Last updated at 12:52, Friday, 07 December 2012
POLICE have confirmed the identity of the man who died after a road crash in Cumbria.
Shortly after 4pm on 6 December 2012, Michael John Telford, aged 75 from Warwick on Eden, Carlisle was involved in a road traffic collision on the B5302 near to Wheyrigg Hall Hotel, near Wigton and was driving a Citroen Kew at the time. He was transported to Cumberland Infirmary but despite efforts of the emergency service, sadly died.
The family of Mr Telford have today paid tribute to a Husband, Father and Grandfather who was fatally killed, they said: “Mike was a well-known and respected Carlisle Business Man. He was the owner of Telford Group having Citroen and Skoda Car Dealerships In the City. Mike had a keen interest in Motor Sport and Cars.
“Mike leaves behind his wife Shirley, Son Gregor and daughters Kerry and Lindsay. Also Grandchildren Jessica, Ella, Harry, Jack and Thomas.”
A second vehicle, a Vauxhall Corsa was also involved and the driver, a man aged 21 from Maryport was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing to anyone who was on that stretch of road around the time of the accident or just before to contact them. Any information could assist their enquiries. People are asked to contact either PC 1818 Horky or PC 691 Ormerod by calling Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 11:07, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- UPDATE: Four arrested in Windermere murder investigation
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- Man stabbed in leg during Cumbria assault
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan (1 comment)
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- Enjoy the sun: Best beaches in south Cumbria (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|