Family pay tribute to a "well respected Cumbrian Business man"
Last updated at 12:52, Friday, 07 December 2012
POLICE have confirmed the identity of the man who died after a road crash in Cumbria.
Shortly after 4pm on 6 December 2012, Michael John Telford, aged 75 from Warwick on Eden, Carlisle was involved in a road traffic collision on the B5302 near to Wheyrigg Hall Hotel, near Wigton and was driving a Citroen Kew at the time. He was transported to Cumberland Infirmary but despite efforts of the emergency service, sadly died.
The family of Mr Telford have today paid tribute to a Husband, Father and Grandfather who was fatally killed, they said: “Mike was a well-known and respected Carlisle Business Man. He was the owner of Telford Group having Citroen and Skoda Car Dealerships In the City. Mike had a keen interest in Motor Sport and Cars.
“Mike leaves behind his wife Shirley, Son Gregor and daughters Kerry and Lindsay. Also Grandchildren Jessica, Ella, Harry, Jack and Thomas.”
A second vehicle, a Vauxhall Corsa was also involved and the driver, a man aged 21 from Maryport was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing to anyone who was on that stretch of road around the time of the accident or just before to contact them. Any information could assist their enquiries. People are asked to contact either PC 1818 Horky or PC 691 Ormerod by calling Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 11:07, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|