Family pay tribute to a "well respected Cumbrian Business man"
Last updated at 12:52, Friday, 07 December 2012
POLICE have confirmed the identity of the man who died after a road crash in Cumbria.
Shortly after 4pm on 6 December 2012, Michael John Telford, aged 75 from Warwick on Eden, Carlisle was involved in a road traffic collision on the B5302 near to Wheyrigg Hall Hotel, near Wigton and was driving a Citroen Kew at the time. He was transported to Cumberland Infirmary but despite efforts of the emergency service, sadly died.
The family of Mr Telford have today paid tribute to a Husband, Father and Grandfather who was fatally killed, they said: “Mike was a well-known and respected Carlisle Business Man. He was the owner of Telford Group having Citroen and Skoda Car Dealerships In the City. Mike had a keen interest in Motor Sport and Cars.
“Mike leaves behind his wife Shirley, Son Gregor and daughters Kerry and Lindsay. Also Grandchildren Jessica, Ella, Harry, Jack and Thomas.”
A second vehicle, a Vauxhall Corsa was also involved and the driver, a man aged 21 from Maryport was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing to anyone who was on that stretch of road around the time of the accident or just before to contact them. Any information could assist their enquiries. People are asked to contact either PC 1818 Horky or PC 691 Ormerod by calling Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 11:07, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants (3 comments)
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (2 comments)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|