Family pay tribute to a "well respected Cumbrian Business man"
Last updated at 12:52, Friday, 07 December 2012
POLICE have confirmed the identity of the man who died after a road crash in Cumbria.
Shortly after 4pm on 6 December 2012, Michael John Telford, aged 75 from Warwick on Eden, Carlisle was involved in a road traffic collision on the B5302 near to Wheyrigg Hall Hotel, near Wigton and was driving a Citroen Kew at the time. He was transported to Cumberland Infirmary but despite efforts of the emergency service, sadly died.
The family of Mr Telford have today paid tribute to a Husband, Father and Grandfather who was fatally killed, they said: “Mike was a well-known and respected Carlisle Business Man. He was the owner of Telford Group having Citroen and Skoda Car Dealerships In the City. Mike had a keen interest in Motor Sport and Cars.
“Mike leaves behind his wife Shirley, Son Gregor and daughters Kerry and Lindsay. Also Grandchildren Jessica, Ella, Harry, Jack and Thomas.”
A second vehicle, a Vauxhall Corsa was also involved and the driver, a man aged 21 from Maryport was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing to anyone who was on that stretch of road around the time of the accident or just before to contact them. Any information could assist their enquiries. People are asked to contact either PC 1818 Horky or PC 691 Ormerod by calling Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 11:07, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|