Family pay tribute to a "well respected Cumbrian Business man"
Last updated at 12:52, Friday, 07 December 2012
POLICE have confirmed the identity of the man who died after a road crash in Cumbria.
Shortly after 4pm on 6 December 2012, Michael John Telford, aged 75 from Warwick on Eden, Carlisle was involved in a road traffic collision on the B5302 near to Wheyrigg Hall Hotel, near Wigton and was driving a Citroen Kew at the time. He was transported to Cumberland Infirmary but despite efforts of the emergency service, sadly died.
The family of Mr Telford have today paid tribute to a Husband, Father and Grandfather who was fatally killed, they said: “Mike was a well-known and respected Carlisle Business Man. He was the owner of Telford Group having Citroen and Skoda Car Dealerships In the City. Mike had a keen interest in Motor Sport and Cars.
“Mike leaves behind his wife Shirley, Son Gregor and daughters Kerry and Lindsay. Also Grandchildren Jessica, Ella, Harry, Jack and Thomas.”
A second vehicle, a Vauxhall Corsa was also involved and the driver, a man aged 21 from Maryport was treated for minor injuries.
Police are appealing to anyone who was on that stretch of road around the time of the accident or just before to contact them. Any information could assist their enquiries. People are asked to contact either PC 1818 Horky or PC 691 Ormerod by calling Cumbria Police on 101.
First published at 11:07, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college (1 comment)
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third (4 comments)
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together