Experts counting cost of flood damage in Barrow and Ulverston
Published at 12:47, Thursday, 16 January 2014
THE cost of repairs to infrastructure across Cumbria following the recent storms is still being assessed.
Experts at Cumbria County Council are investigating the damage – including that caused to coastal roads and pathways in Furness and South Lakeland – before a report can be prepared.
Once a total is tallied, the authority will apply to the government for financial help.
The storms, which took place during the first week of January, brought strong winds and extremely high tides to the region causing onshore flooding and erosion.
The A5087 linking Barrow and Ulverston was affected, leading to its closure while engineers resurfaced areas that had been ripped up and washed away.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|