THE A590 in South Cumbria and A5093, near Millom were reported to be partially blocked due to a fallen trees.
EMERGENCY services dealt with a one-vehicle incident on the A590.
THE family of a retired paramedic killed in Cumbria have paid tribute to a caring "family man".
A PARAGLIDER sustained a fractured spine after crash landing in Cumbria at the weekend.
A PAINTING voted "Cumbria's favourite" is going under the hammer for an expected £150,000.
• Have you got a favourite Cumbrian painting? Click here to let us know about it
A MAN who demanded pop – and a helicopter – during a Barrow rooftop stand-off has been jailed after “vanishing” while carrying out his community punishment. (2 comments)
FANTASTIC deals at top tourist attractions across the county are on offer.
A GIRL group who progressed all the way through to the semi finals of Britain's Got Talent will be heading back home.
IT was mission accomplished for Millom rider Andy Hawdon as he relished riding the streets of Barrow in the Tour Series.
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders beat Coventry to make it three on the bounce (2 comments)
- Barrow stop Saints marching in: with picture gallery
- North Walney better than South Walney - it's official: with picture gallery
- Magnificent seven for Dalton
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
THE Holker Garden Festival was hailed a success as the weather brightened up and thousands of guests made their way through the showground.
PIXIE is a beautiful and friendly young cat who came into the care of an animal shelter after being found skin-and-bone thin in a back street.
ROSIE was a happy, tail-wagging winner of the Evening Mail’s Top Pet Competition 2015 – the video section.
THE Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund has presented the CAST Theatre Group with a cheque for £1,000.
• Would you like to apply for your organisation to receive £1,000? Click here to apply
A RECENT report has highlighted the UK as having one of the biggest skills gaps in the developed world. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has found that the UK has the biggest skills gap between young people not in employment, education or training and those in work
ONE of the stars of cycling’s future lit up the roads of Barrow town centre with victory in the Pearl Izumi Tour Series.
• Click here to read the archive of live coverage from the event
GEMMA Jones, 27, a pharmacy dispenser at Furness General Hospital and Craig Brown, 33, a warehouse assistant at Siemens, both from Barrow, married at Abbey House Hotel in Barrow on May 5.
A DEDICATED special needs coordinator described as an “unsung hero” received the Evening Mail’s Bouquet of the Week on her final day at work.
TEAMS from across headed to Holker Old Boys for the club’s annual junior festival.
- Furness school athletes on track to success: with picture gallery
- Net gain for Furness tennis players: with picture gallery
- Furness youngsters in national table tennis finals: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Cup final heartache for Barrow Celtic
- Furness Future Flyers put the pedal down: with picture gallery
I’ve always known the pub at the T-junction in Torver as the Wilson Arms. Not the Wilson’s, just the Wilson – so-named because the pub was once a row of houses, called Wilson Cottages.
WITH little in the way of sunshine so far this year, JAMES HIGGINS, looks back on a trip to France to offer inspiration to families looking for a summer holiday
BACK pain is one of the UK’s most common disabling health conditions. A new group aims to support people with the mental and physical challenges associated with chronic back pain, reports JO DAVIES
OPTOMETRIST at Specsavers in Barrow, JULIE DIXON, looks at how lifestyle choices can affect your eyesight