Decision over plans for thousands of South Lakes homes postponed
Published at 15:51, Monday, 19 November 2012
A HEARING into the soundness of South Lakeland District Council's Land Allocations Document will continue into the new year.
The hearing had been due to conclude on November 23 but SLDC has been granted a suspension until next year.
A letter was sent to the planning inspector, Simon Berkeley, on November 16 requesting extra time to investigate issues raised during the hearing so far.
A spokesperson for SLDC said: "The Local Development Framework (LDF) process is long and complicated and the independent examination is very thorough. Additional issues have been raised during the hearings that have taken place and SLDC needs to ensure that these are thoroughly investigated and reported on.
"In order to achieve this we felt it best to ask for a suspension of the hearings to give us the time to put the reports together and provide opportunity for parties to read and understand the reports before the examination hearings resume."
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect (1 comment)
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|