Cumbrian food showcase
Last updated at 08:52, Friday, 17 February 2012
CUMBRIAN food will be on the menu at a regional trade show.
As part of Cumbria Tourism’s regional and national campaign, Taste Cumbria is taking its festival on tour this March.
A selection of 11 of the county’s best-known food brands will feature at the Pop-Up festival within the North of England’s premier hospitality showcase, the Northern Restaurant and Bar show.
Held at Manchester Central on March 12 and 13, the trade show will feature a Taste Cumbria pavilion, featuring a selection of iconic brands such as Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding Company, Hawkshead Brewery, Hawkshead Relish Company and More? Artisan Bakery.
The eleven producers have been cherry-picked to demonstrate to the key decision makers, buyers and distributors in the North of England’s food and drink industry.
Some of Cumbria’s top chefs will be on hand, in an exclusive demo kitchen at the Taste Cumbria pavilion, to showcase a series of Cumbrian-inspired menus.
Mary Houston, food tourism manager at Cumbria Tourism, said: “Tourism is one of the mainstays of Cumbria’s economy and food and drink is a thriving, dynamic segment of this sector. But why keep our unique and delicious local produce, passionate suppliers and service providers to ourselves?!
“Whilst we can't bring our stunning, rural backdrop to the rest of the world, we can demonstrate the quality and integrity that runs rich in our area. We're delighted to attend NRB 2012 with some of the county's most iconic, distinctive food brands.’’
Taste Cumbria is a food and drink tourism development plan hosted by Cumbria Tourism, funded by the RDPE (Rural Development Programme for England ) provided through Defra and part financed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. The project’s main focus is the inaugural Taste Cumbria festival in September each year, in the town of Cockermouth, but also includes workforce development activity, cluster working, marketing, PR and event support.
Hawkshead Relish is one Cumbrian firm known for its championing of British produce.
Export manager Kate Nicholson said: ‘’Under the umbrella of Taste Cumbria we are delighted to be exhibiting the Hawkshead Relish range of award winning preserves at NRB.
“The event will highlight the diversity, ethos and culinary creativity that exists among the many acclaimed Cumbrian food and drink producers, which are available for the hospitality sector.’’
First published at 08:51, Friday, 17 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|