Cumbria surgery evacuated following chemical spill
Last updated at 16:01, Thursday, 10 January 2013
A DOCTORS' surgery in Cumbria was evacuated after hazardous chemicals were spilled.
At around 10.10am firefighters were called to the spillage in a surgery in Gillingate, Kendal.
Two fire engines, one from Kendal and one from Staveley, attended the incident.
The surgery was evacuated as a safety precaution and around a dozen people were left looking on while police and Environment Agency officials attended.
At 12.06pm firefighters wearing special chemical suits began clearing the scene and the incident has now been resolved, though police have said there could be delays in the area for several hours.
First published at 12:11, Thursday, 10 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect (1 comment)
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|