Cumbria suffers third fatality on roads
Last updated at 17:26, Monday, 25 February 2013
THE horror day on Cumbria roads is continuing, with police called to the scene of yet another fatal road collision.
Officers were called at 2.29pm to reports of a one vehicle collision close to the Howgate Hotel in Whitehaven.
The collision involved a green Volkswagen Bora driven by a man who is believed to be aged in his 70s and local to the area.
His vehicle had collided with a wall and he was rushed to West Cumberland Hospital, but later pronounced dead.
It is the third fatally on Cumbria roads today.
Emergency services attended the scene and specially trained officers are now working to establish the circumstances and are supporting his family.
The B5306 from the Castle Pub is currently closed until the Distington bypass (at the junction by Low Moresby)
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and are appealing for witnesses to contact PC Mark Ormerod in Cumbria Constabulary’s Roads Policing Unit on 101.
First published at 17:18, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (2 comments)
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|