Cumbria suffers third fatality on roads
Last updated at 17:26, Monday, 25 February 2013
THE horror day on Cumbria roads is continuing, with police called to the scene of yet another fatal road collision.
Officers were called at 2.29pm to reports of a one vehicle collision close to the Howgate Hotel in Whitehaven.
The collision involved a green Volkswagen Bora driven by a man who is believed to be aged in his 70s and local to the area.
His vehicle had collided with a wall and he was rushed to West Cumberland Hospital, but later pronounced dead.
It is the third fatally on Cumbria roads today.
Emergency services attended the scene and specially trained officers are now working to establish the circumstances and are supporting his family.
The B5306 from the Castle Pub is currently closed until the Distington bypass (at the junction by Low Moresby)
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and are appealing for witnesses to contact PC Mark Ormerod in Cumbria Constabulary’s Roads Policing Unit on 101.
First published at 17:18, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|