Pedestrian dies in Cumbria crash
Last updated at 08:48, Thursday, 13 December 2012
A PEDESTRIAN died after being struck by a vehicle yesterday afternoon, Cumbria Police have reported.
The incident occurred on the A66 between Braithwaite and Woodend, near Keswick, at 5.27pm yesterday.
Four drivers are currently helping police with their enquiries. There have been no arrests and their vehicles are undergoing examination by road collision investigators.
The pedestrian, a male aged in his forties, believed to be local, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until 23.40 pm to allow the emergency services to deal with the incident and carry out a full investigation.
Cumbria Roads Police said on Twitter this morning: "Sadly another life lost when a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle on the A66 at Thornthwaite."
Formal identification is yet to take place and police are making enquiries to trace his family.
Anyone who witnessed to collision is asked to contact PC John Firth of the Western Roads Policing unit or Sergeant Jo Walker of the Northern roads Policing unit on 101.
First published at 17:57, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|