Cumbria road reopened after three vehicle collision
Last updated at 11:04, Saturday, 02 August 2014
A MAJOR road in Cumbria has reopened after emergency services dealt with a three vehicle collision.
The incident occurred at the Skirsgill roundabout on the A66 near Penrith.
Police were called at 9:16am following the collision.
The vehicles involved were a Citroen DS5, driven by a 71-year-old man from Penrith who was not injured, and a Peugeot 207 driven by a woman from Penrith who has been taken to Cumberland Infirmary with injuries, not believed to be serious.
The third vehicle, a Skoda Octavia, was driven by 75-year-old man who was not injured.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to PC Norman Black.
Visit the Traffic Link map at http://www.cumbria.police.uk/traffic-link-map to keep up to date with the latest situation on the roads.
First published at 10:46, Saturday, 02 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|