Cumbria mountain rescue team issue weather warning
Last updated at 14:39, Monday, 17 February 2014
A MOUNTAIN rescue team in Cumbria has issued a weather warning after two walkers became stranded.
Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team were called by the police this afternoon to after a woman slipped on ice on Dollywagon Pike, near Grisedale.
The woman, who was walking with her husband, was uninjured but unable to walk due to poor conditions and a lack of equipment.
Before the team could reach the couple they had been helped by a pair of experienced walkers.
A statement issued by Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team following the incident said: "Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team would like to remind people that currently the high fells are in full winter condition and ice axe and crampons are required."
First published at 17:30, Sunday, 16 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
You just can't believe the absolute stupidity of some people! They should be arrested and charged with endangering lives!! Still won't stop other idiots making for them there hills though will it...
Make your comment
- Updated: Police investigating after BMW car flipped onto its roof in Barrow crash
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (5 comments)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers