Cumbria man who died in A66 crash named
Last updated at 12:55, Friday, 14 December 2012
POLICE have identified the man who died following a road traffic collision on the A66.
Alexander James Patterson, 43, from Old Hall Went, Cockermouth sadly died at Braithwaite at 5.27pm on 11th December 2012.
Police have established that two cars were involved in the collision with Mr Patterson who was a pedestrian. The vehicles involved were a BMW 525, driven by 53-year-old man from Cockermouth and a Peugeot 306 driven by 60-year-old man from Keswick.
Both drivers have been spoken to by the police and enquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances of the collision. No arrests have been made.
Police have traced Mr Patterson’s family and they are being supported at this difficult time.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact PC John Firth of the Western Roads Policing unit or Sergeant Jo Walker of the Northern roads Policing unit on 101.
First published at 12:52, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|