Cumbria fire causes estimated £25,000 damage
Published at 17:08, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Police and the Fire and Rescue Service are jointly investigating a suspicious fire that destroyed a wooden cabin in remote woodland in Cumbria yesterday.
A passing motorist alerted the fire service about the fire close to Backbarrow last night.
It is believed the fire started sometime before 9pm yesterday (January 30).
It has completely destroyed the building which is described as being located in woodland close to Backbarrow on Hazelrigg Lane.
The fire is estimated to have caused around £25,000 worth of damage.
Police are investigating and are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in this area yesterday, to please come forward and contact PC Jonathan Murray on 101. Information can be passed to police anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|