Fire crews pull motorist from overturned car in Waberthwaite
Last updated at 10:06, Wednesday, 07 August 2013
CUMBRIA Fire and Rescue Service pulled a motorist from his car after it overturned on the A595 in Waberthwaite.
One fire engine from Millom attended the scene, and a crew assisted the driver from the vehicle which was in a field by the road heading towards Bootle.
The incident occured around 2.20pm and the man was uninjured.
Elsewhere in Copeland crews were called to help deal with the effects of torrential rain, with one crew called to clear flooding outside a property in Bootle Station around 2pm, and another to clear flooding in Main Street, Ravenglass, this morning.
First published at 16:19, Monday, 05 August 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|