Cumbria car search leads to seizure of an estimated 10,000 pills
Published at 16:55, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
POLICE in Cumbria have seized an estimated 10,000 pills after stopping and searching a car.
Officers stopped a grey Vauxhall Vectra on the city west by-pass at Carlisle, between the Kingmoor south roundabout and the Etterby roundabout, at about 9.55pm yesterday.
Three men were inside the car and as a result of it being searched, officers located ten tubs of small tablets, estimated to have contained somewhere in the region of 10,000 pills, in the boot of the vehicle.
Police suspect these to be illegal and the three men – all from Bradford and aged 31, 32 and 34 – were arrested on suspicion of possessing controlled drugs with intent to supply. The car was seized by police for further investigation.
The tablets have been seized by police and enquiries are continuing.
All three men have been interviewed and placed on police bail until May 20, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|