Crash on A590 near Ulverston causes tailbacks
Last updated at 13:00, Saturday, 19 January 2013
A MAN appears to have escaped with only minor injuries after his car crashed on the A590 near Greenodd on Friday evening.
The incident occurred at 7pm on the dual carriageway heading out of Ulverston and blocked traffic for about 30 minutes.
The driver – a 30-year-old from Lancaster – freed himself from the wreckage and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Cumbria Highways attended to assist emergency services crews clear the road of debris and allow traffic to move again.
First published at 19:52, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Quick Greenodd residents we need a roundabout ,traffic lights speedbumps and cameras we must stop accidents entirely by making travel as hard as possible! alert alert !! thankfully escaped injury
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders