Coroner delivers verdict in Dalton baby's inquest
Last updated at 13:41, Friday, 20 April 2012
THE coroner has delivered his verdict at an inquest into the death of a baby girl who died the day she was born.
Mr Ian Smith, coroner for South and East Cumbria, delivered a narrative verdict at the conclusion of the inquest into the death of Amelia Jade Bower.
Mr Smith said: "Amelia died as a consequence of ingesting meconium before death and wasn't transferred to a specialist regional centre with advanced resuscitation techniques where available."
More to follow.
First published at 15:52, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|