Coroner delivers verdict in Dalton baby's inquest
Last updated at 13:41, Friday, 20 April 2012
THE coroner has delivered his verdict at an inquest into the death of a baby girl who died the day she was born.
Mr Ian Smith, coroner for South and East Cumbria, delivered a narrative verdict at the conclusion of the inquest into the death of Amelia Jade Bower.
Mr Smith said: "Amelia died as a consequence of ingesting meconium before death and wasn't transferred to a specialist regional centre with advanced resuscitation techniques where available."
More to follow.
First published at 15:52, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|