Copper thieves strike again in Barrow
Last updated at 16:20, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
THIEVES have walked away with £500 of copper cabling from the Furness Academy building site in Park Drive.
The cabling was cut and removed from the premises sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning last week.
Anyone who witnessed suspicious activity in the area is asked to contact Cumbria police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:13, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Well the contractors certainly added to making it easierfor the thieves... as the lights are ALWAYS ON .so they wouldnt of needed torches .
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course