Copper thieves strike again in Barrow
Last updated at 16:20, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
THIEVES have walked away with £500 of copper cabling from the Furness Academy building site in Park Drive.
The cabling was cut and removed from the premises sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning last week.
Anyone who witnessed suspicious activity in the area is asked to contact Cumbria police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:13, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Well the contractors certainly added to making it easierfor the thieves... as the lights are ALWAYS ON .so they wouldnt of needed torches .
Make your comment
- Barrow youngsters show they mean business
- WITH VIDEO: Barrow man jailed today for allowing two dogs to savage a sheep while pal filmed it (10 comments)
- All action from the Evening Mail’s poll vaults
- Walney pupils rally round to tackle grot spot
- Barrow Sea Cadets launch litter mission
- Barrow mum will tackle 40-mile walk to remember her one-year-old (3 comments)
- Child vandals hurl object at Barrow bus (1 comment)
- Millom boy's rare illness progress
- Legal high clampdown at Cumbria festival (2 comments)
- Barrow Sister Act performers show why they’re second to nun
- Defender released by Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders boss pays tribute to Danny Jones
- Haworth wants Barrow AFC deal
- Hero Declan does the trick for Cents
- Rhiann earns GB call-up as Duddon paddlers shine
- Barrow social club pockets snooker tables from mystery man
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns