Copper thieves strike again in Barrow
Last updated at 16:20, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
THIEVES have walked away with £500 of copper cabling from the Furness Academy building site in Park Drive.
The cabling was cut and removed from the premises sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning last week.
Anyone who witnessed suspicious activity in the area is asked to contact Cumbria police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:13, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Well the contractors certainly added to making it easierfor the thieves... as the lights are ALWAYS ON .so they wouldnt of needed torches .
Make your comment
- South Walney junior orienteers head in right direction
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Dane Ghyll youngsters net thrilling victory with picture gallery
- Shield glory for St Paul's School youngsters
- Thorns secure top-three place with victory
- Inaugural Coniston kids fun run a big success
- Cents and Dalton clash at Craven Park tonight
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: I live in terror in transitions
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: Cumbria edges it over Manchester
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern (1 comment)
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission