College students in bus crash in Cumbria
Last updated at 13:03, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
A BUS carrying college students and a car have been involved in a crash in South Cumbria this morning.
Police said the vehicles had been involved in a crash in foggy conditions at the Meathop roundabout, near Grange, at about 8.16pm.
A witness said traffic was now flowing normally on the A590 near the roundabout with the B5277.
He said a Travellers Choice minibus and a black Nissan had been involved.
Ambulance and police attended the incident, but a North West Ambulance Service spokeswoman reported there had been no injuries.
A police spokeswoman said: "The minibus was carrying college students and was on the eastbound carriageway. No-one was injured and a replacement bus attended to take the students on the rest of their journey."
One lane of the eastbound carriageway was closed while the vehicles were recovered but has now re-opened.
First published at 09:03, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|