Collapsed manhole blocks A590 near Ulverston
Last updated at 12:00, Monday, 28 January 2013
CUMBRIA police have closed the A590 in one direction after a manhole collapsed at Greenodd.
The eastbound carriageway is shut between Roam Wood and the B5278, Lanes End. Motorists have reported slight delays caused by temporary traffic lights at the scene.
The incident was reported at 9.50am and police expect to reopen the road at 3pm today.
First published at 10:24, Monday, 28 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|