Charity hair cuts in Barrow under way to help raise vital funds for Ulverston charity
Last updated at 10:50, Friday, 18 October 2013
AN MP, a newspaper editor, a mayor and a Barrow AFC legend are among Barrow personalities taking part in a charity hair cut today.
Louise Woodburn is chopping and cutting her way through the personalities to help raise vital funds for St Mary's Hospice.
Mrs Woodburn is not charging for the haircuts and is instead asking customers to make a donation to the charity.
MP John Woodcock, Evening Mail editor and publisher Jonathan Lee, former AFC star Neil Doherty and Councillor Colin Thomson will all take to her seat, with more than 15 others also confirmed.
As part of the Hair for Hospices Day, Mrs Woodburn started at 8.15am and will cut until closing time.
The Crellin Street business is part of the hospice’s Club 25 corporate scheme to raise at least £1,000 in 12 months to celebrate the charity’s 25th anniversary.
Mrs Woodburn said: “The hospice is all funded by volunteers. We’ve all got to pull together to make sure they get the care that they need. Barrow is such a giving town anyway, so if I can just donate that day, it’s the least I can do.
“With working in the shop, you hear from people’s family and friends – there’s always somebody who’s using the hospice.”
Mrs Woodburn, of Furness Park Road, Barrow, says people are welcome to turn up and she will fit them in.
First published at 10:11, Friday, 18 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Barrow skills event aims to inspire better career choices
- Cumbrian recruitment firm on national award shortlist
- Time running out for Cumbrian firms to get a business boost
- Defence boom will create thousands of BAE Systems jobs in Barrow
- Benefits of BAE Systems Barrow shipyard expansion spread far and wide
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (25 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (19 comments)
- Former school buildings in Barrow to go up for auction (18 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (13 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|