CCTV image released after Barrow bike theft
Last updated at 12:58, Tuesday, 21 August 2012
BRITISH Transport Police is calling on the public to help trace a man in connection with a cycle theft at Barrow-in-Furness rail station.
Shortly after 11.30am, on Friday, 22 June, a man used bolt croppers to cut through the lock of a bike which had been left in the bike storage area of the station.
PC Adam Heslop, said: “The victim, a 44-year-old man from Barrow, left his bike secured in the storage area and then went about his business.
“Sadly the bike, a Giant Revel 0 worth £500, was subsequently targeted by a thief who used bolt croppers to cut through the lock and then stole the bike – walking out of the station with the bike before cycling away.
“The victim did everything possible to keep his bike safe and should have been able to return to the station and find the cycle still in the rack.
“Sadly there is a criminal minority which seems to think it is acceptable to steal the property of others and profit from this.
“It is not acceptable and I will do everything in my power to locate the cycle, return it to its rightful owner, and bring the thief to justice.”
BTP has now released CCTV images of a man officers would like to speak to in connection with the theft.
PC Heslop added: “If you recognise the man please get in touch. I believe he has key information in relation to the theft and I need to speak to him urgently.
“Similarly, if you have any other information about the theft, please give me a call.”
If you recognise the man, or have other information, please call BTP on 0800 40 50 40, or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. In all calls please quote log B4/NWA of 21/08/12.
First published at 12:57, Tuesday, 21 August 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I'm about 90% sure that the same feckless criminal that stole my bike outside the park leisure centre last year!
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)