Casino night is safe bet to raise cash for causes
Last updated at 14:36, Friday, 01 February 2013
A TOUCH of Vegas came to Furness with a casino night at one of Barrow’s most popular social venues.
The Strawberry, in Abbey Road, hosted the annual charity event, which raised money for the David Cole Oncology Fund and children’s therapy at Furness General Hospital.
While the night didn’t quite live up to the success of recent years, owing to some wicked wintry weather, organiser Peter Tranter was happy with how the event went.
“Everyone enjoyed themselves and the evening was a lot of fun,” he said. “We raised £600 for charity, though
it was quiet compared with previous years.
“It’s something we’ve done before and we’ve got another fundraising event for Alice’s Escapes in the pipeline.”
First published at 14:26, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|