Casino night is safe bet to raise cash for causes
Last updated at 14:36, Friday, 01 February 2013
A TOUCH of Vegas came to Furness with a casino night at one of Barrow’s most popular social venues.
The Strawberry, in Abbey Road, hosted the annual charity event, which raised money for the David Cole Oncology Fund and children’s therapy at Furness General Hospital.
While the night didn’t quite live up to the success of recent years, owing to some wicked wintry weather, organiser Peter Tranter was happy with how the event went.
“Everyone enjoyed themselves and the evening was a lot of fun,” he said. “We raised £600 for charity, though
it was quiet compared with previous years.
“It’s something we’ve done before and we’ve got another fundraising event for Alice’s Escapes in the pipeline.”
First published at 14:26, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|