Calendar girls get down on the farm for charities
Last updated at 14:34, Friday, 07 December 2012
A WI-style calendar has become a charity sensation.
Five Lakeland beauties bared all for a Calendar Girls-style charity calendar, which was launched on Friday night at the Cartmel Young Farmers Club charity auction.
Held at Cafe Ambio in Backbarrow, the event raised £4,000 for St Mary’s Hospice and the Great North Air Ambulance and made the calendar’s stars a media hit.
Cartmel Young Farmers Club’s programme and press secretary Rebecca Knipe, of Allithwaite, said: “Through me doing radio interviews and it being in the paper it’s now gone national.”
The charity auction was well attended and very well supported, with all subsequent sales of the calendar contributing to the total raised so far.
“It was a lot of fun making the calendar,” says Rebecca, who also works as a waitress at Cafe Ambio.
“We’ll be selling the calendar until they run out. We’ve got 500 printed but we can get more done if we need to.”
The Down on the Farm 2013 calendar is priced £8 and available from Cafe Ambio, Brooke Supplies and Armers and Acorn Therapy.
First published at 14:29, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Send us your photos
1. You can use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
2. You can email larger files directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You can send us photos from your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
The form . . .
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|