Calendar girls get down on the farm for charities
Last updated at 14:34, Friday, 07 December 2012
A WI-style calendar has become a charity sensation.
Five Lakeland beauties bared all for a Calendar Girls-style charity calendar, which was launched on Friday night at the Cartmel Young Farmers Club charity auction.
Held at Cafe Ambio in Backbarrow, the event raised £4,000 for St Mary’s Hospice and the Great North Air Ambulance and made the calendar’s stars a media hit.
Cartmel Young Farmers Club’s programme and press secretary Rebecca Knipe, of Allithwaite, said: “Through me doing radio interviews and it being in the paper it’s now gone national.”
The charity auction was well attended and very well supported, with all subsequent sales of the calendar contributing to the total raised so far.
“It was a lot of fun making the calendar,” says Rebecca, who also works as a waitress at Cafe Ambio.
“We’ll be selling the calendar until they run out. We’ve got 500 printed but we can get more done if we need to.”
The Down on the Farm 2013 calendar is priced £8 and available from Cafe Ambio, Brooke Supplies and Armers and Acorn Therapy.
First published at 14:29, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Send us your photos
1. You can use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
2. You can email larger files directly to email@example.com
3. You can send us photos from your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
The form . . .
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|