Good things in store
Published at 12:18, Tuesday, 06 November 2012
Ulverston Auction Mart – Tuesday October 30
A SMALLER show of 681 prime lambs was forward due to wet weather conditions and easing prices nationally.
Top price of the day £82.50 went to a pen of 57kg Texel cross lambs shown by Messrs TH & DM Cornthwaite, Low Tarn Green Fm purchased by Mr M Lomax Ltd, Milnthorpe. Top pence per kilo 173.2p/kg went to a pen of 41kg Texel lambs shown by Mr B Cresswell, Gleaston Castle, purchased by Mr A Dawson, Sedbergh. Prices reflected the national trend but sold in excess of the national average. Overall average 150.36p/kg Per head: Tex £82.50 Low Tarn Green Fm; TexX £80.00 Old Hyton Fm; Suff £81.00 Castlehill Fm; SuffX £78.50 Old Hyton Fm; Char £77.00 Plumpton Cottage Fm; CharX £80.00 Rockland.
Pence per kilo: Tex 173.2 Gleaston Castle Fm; TexX 169.8 Tottlebank Fm; Suff 161.5 Water Blean Fm; Char 160.9 Plumpton Cottage Fm
Prime & OTM cattle
A nice show of cattle met a keen inquiry with numbers falling short of buyers requirement, top price of the day 209.5p/kg(£1,340.80) for a 640kg Limousin Cross bullock shown by Messrs W&MM Case & Sons, Plumpton Cottage Fm purchased by Mr P Smith, Penrith. Top price per kilo 215.5p/kg (£1,163.70) of the day went to a 540kg Limousin X heifer shown by Messrs TH Garnett & Son, Newclose Fm also purchased by Mr P Smith, Penrith.
Bullocks: Lim 209.5p/kg Plumpton Cottage Fm; LimX 205.5p/kg Moor Green Fm; Simx 190.5p/kg Priory Park Fm; CharX 187.5p/kg Priory Park Fm.
Heifers: Lim 215.5p/kg Newclose Fm; LimX 201.5p/kg Newclose Fm.
Prime Bulls; LimX 173.5p/kg Newhall Fm.
OTM Clean: LimX 182.5p/kg Cookson Place Fm; Lim 182.5p/kg Newhall Fm; SimX 173.5p/kg Blackbeck Fm; CharX 164.5p/kg Low Marshside
Cows: AAX 105.5p/kg Skells Lodge Fm
Cast ewes & rams
A larger show of cast ewes and rams met a brisk demand reflecting the national trend with eased values, but sold well on the week. Top price of the day £82.00 for a pen of Charolais ewes shown by Messrs BJ&CL Lowery, Woodhouse Fm purchased by Mr G Jones, Wrexham.
Ewes: Char £82.00 Woodhouse Fm; Tex £77.00 Hall St (Higham); Suff £76.50 Low Shaw Fm; Mule £66.00 Moor Fm; Leic £66.00 Owl Nook; Herd £47.50 Gate House Fm
Rams: Tex £74.00 Mill House Fm, Herd £48.00 Baskill Fm
Store, breeding, & dairy cattle
A good show of 163 dairy, breeding and store cattle and calves met a brisk demand with prices in advance of vendor’s expectations. Top price of the day £1,045.00 for a LimousinX bullock shown by Messrs J Hornby & Sons, Bowesfield Fm.
Store Bullocks: LimX £1.045 Bowesfield Fm; SimX £1,035 Seatle Hall Fm; AAX £1,040, £1,035 Rathvale Fm; HereX £ 900(x2) Rathvale Fm; BRBX £990(x2) Bowesfield Fm; LimX £890 Seatle Hall Fm; Hol £790 Moss House Fm
Store Heifers: Bal £995 Seatle Hall Fm; Lim £915(x2) Newhall Fm; BRBX £850 £840 Bowesfield Fm; AAX £710 Skells
A small show of calves met a brisk demand selling to £340 for a LimousinX Bull calf shown by Messrs Kirkby & Longworth, Sella Fm more could have been sold to a ringside of buyers.
Bull calves: Lim £340 Sella Fm, LimX £330 Sella Fm; Fries £45 Hullater Fm
A small show of dairy were forward to a keen demand with Friesian calved heifers selling to £1,400 shown by Messrs I&KI Redhead, Hyton Fm
Calved Heifers: Fries £1,400 Hyton Fm
Calved Cows: Fries £1,220 Hyton Fm
Cows & Calves
A small show of Cows & Calves was forward and met a strong demand, cattle were showing the weather conditions, but met good prices. Top price of the day £1,570 went to a BAX Cow with AAX Blk Calf at foot shown by Mr JL Coward, Skells Lodge Fm.
Cows with Blk Calf at Foot: BAX £1,570 Skells Lodge Fm; LimX £1,480 Skells Lodge Fm; AAX £1,300 Skells Lodge Fm; Cows with Heifer Calf at foot: LimX £1,180 Skells Lodge Fm; AAX £1,150 Skells Lodge Fm
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|