Boxing night proves a hit
Last updated at 12:35, Friday, 25 January 2013
LAST Friday saw more than 220 guests attend the 27th South Lakeland Group Masonic Boxing Evening at the Cumbria Grand Hotel in Grange.
The evening, which brought together amateur boxers from Barrow and Kendal for a series of bouts, raised a total of £6,000 for various charities and good causes.
Chairman of the boxing committee, Gary Rogerson, said: “It was a great evening, we had an excellent meal and enjoyed some excellent boxing bouts and it was thoroughly enjoyed by the boxers and all who attended.”
First published at 12:31, Friday, 25 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Send us your photos
1. Via Twitter Use hashtag #NWEMsocialpics
2. Via Facebook Message us or tag us in the photo. Our Facebook page is at facebook.com/northwesteveningmail
3. From your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
4. Use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
Email larger files directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The form . . .
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|