Body found in Walney channel
Last updated at 14:59, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
A BODY has been recovered from Walney channel.
At 7.50am this morning police received a call reporting concern for the welfare of a man, aged in his 60s, from Barrow.
Police, coastguard and fire crews were deployed to assist after a search was launched to find him.
Shortly after 9am, a body of man was located in the Walney Channel in the vicinity of the rear of Kimberly-Clark.
A team of around 12 police officers attended and officers would like to thank the member of public who allowed them to use his own boat during the rescue.
The body has not yet been formally identified however the family who reported concerns for the missing man have been informed and are being supported at this difficult time.
Police are not currently treating the death as suspicious and are working to formally identify the man and inform his immediate family.
First published at 14:32, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|