Body found in Walney channel
Last updated at 14:59, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
A BODY has been recovered from Walney channel.
At 7.50am this morning police received a call reporting concern for the welfare of a man, aged in his 60s, from Barrow.
Police, coastguard and fire crews were deployed to assist after a search was launched to find him.
Shortly after 9am, a body of man was located in the Walney Channel in the vicinity of the rear of Kimberly-Clark.
A team of around 12 police officers attended and officers would like to thank the member of public who allowed them to use his own boat during the rescue.
The body has not yet been formally identified however the family who reported concerns for the missing man have been informed and are being supported at this difficult time.
Police are not currently treating the death as suspicious and are working to formally identify the man and inform his immediate family.
First published at 14:32, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|