Body found in Walney channel
Last updated at 14:59, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
A BODY has been recovered from Walney channel.
At 7.50am this morning police received a call reporting concern for the welfare of a man, aged in his 60s, from Barrow.
Police, coastguard and fire crews were deployed to assist after a search was launched to find him.
Shortly after 9am, a body of man was located in the Walney Channel in the vicinity of the rear of Kimberly-Clark.
A team of around 12 police officers attended and officers would like to thank the member of public who allowed them to use his own boat during the rescue.
The body has not yet been formally identified however the family who reported concerns for the missing man have been informed and are being supported at this difficult time.
Police are not currently treating the death as suspicious and are working to formally identify the man and inform his immediate family.
First published at 14:32, Tuesday, 29 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (10 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|