EACH year the Love Barrow awards celebrate the best of the borough and this year is no exception.
As the unsung heroes of the Barrow community gathered for a glamorous ceremony at The Forum on Friday night, a sense of pride in the area shone through for all to see.
From those who received a trophy, to the runners-up, it is the efforts of these special people which were in the spotlight.
They make a difference to the lives of others and make our community a better place to live.
Be it Citizen of the Year, or Carer of the Year, Community Group of the Year or the Courage Award, all of the accolades recognise impressive achievements.
In reality, all of the finalists are winners. Their inspirational work, acts of generosity, enthusiasm and dedication deserve to be recognised.
However, the ceremony not only acts as an uplifting occasion for those involved, but serves as a reminder to us all of the community spirit we are lucky to have.
One which is not only restricted to Barrow, but stretches across Furness, the South Lakes and South Copeland.
Our congratulations to all the winners and finalists – you deserve it.
Published: March 12, 2012
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Area played a big role in war
- Back bid to save school
- School closure hits community
- Important to heed warning
- Boost for youth employment
- PM shares in town’s big day
- Time for town to celebrate
- Give support to heart town
- Superfast internet move well overdue
- Chair may be worth money
- Fight on to save buses
- Give gift of life to others
- Tearing up plan would be wrong
- Two deaths at work too many
- Celebrate pride in community
- Barrow’s own Oscar awards
- Graffiti zones are a bold idea
- Reach out to silent victims
- Big chance to show support
- Faith restored in community
- Help needed if bins changed
- Walney run is better than ever
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|