Bin collections in Barrow and Copeland affected by the snow
Last updated at 10:19, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Refuge services for the Walney and Copeland areas have been halted by the hazardous weather conditions today.
Ann Thomson, environment spokesperson for Barrow Town Hall, explained that although the collection officers are "still working at the moment" in the Walney area that it is likely to be called off soon.
She said: "The weather is getting more hazardous. They may have to halt soon."
She advised people to leave their containers outside their homes until a collection tomorrow morning (14th).
Copeland Borough Council's bin collection has also been affected by the snow.
The council informed people via twitter that "waste and recycling crews cannot make collections at the moment due to the road conditions. The snow is due to clear up later, so we hope to continue collections as normal after this."
First published at 10:03, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|