Bin collections in Barrow and Copeland affected by the snow
Last updated at 10:19, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Refuge services for the Walney and Copeland areas have been halted by the hazardous weather conditions today.
Ann Thomson, environment spokesperson for Barrow Town Hall, explained that although the collection officers are "still working at the moment" in the Walney area that it is likely to be called off soon.
She said: "The weather is getting more hazardous. They may have to halt soon."
She advised people to leave their containers outside their homes until a collection tomorrow morning (14th).
Copeland Borough Council's bin collection has also been affected by the snow.
The council informed people via twitter that "waste and recycling crews cannot make collections at the moment due to the road conditions. The snow is due to clear up later, so we hope to continue collections as normal after this."
First published at 10:03, Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (12 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (5 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|