Biker taken to hospital following crash
Last updated at 09:30, Monday, 04 June 2012
A MOTORCYCLIST has been taken to hospital following a crash.
The collision, involving a motorbike and a car, happened last night on the A590, in Ulverston.
The 48-year-old motorcyclist, from Barrow, was taken to Furness General Hospital with multiple injuries, while the driver of the car, a 68-year-old Ulverston woman, escaped uninjured.
The road was closed for several hours for police investigations but reopened again in the early hours of today.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the collision to contact them on 101.
First published at 08:17, Monday, 04 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|