Barrow women rescued after house fire
Last updated at 19:41, Saturday, 01 December 2012
TWO women were rescued by firefighters after a kitchen fire.
Barrow's red watch were called at around 5.10am today to an address in Gateway, in Barrow.
A pizza had been left in the oven and had caught fire, firefighters said the fire was contained in the oven but a large amount of smoke had filled the ground floor of the house.
Two firefighters with breathing apparatus found the ground floor filled with smoke and two women asleep upstairs.
Ian Westall, crew manager, said: "Unattended food is the biggest cause of fires in the Barrow area.
"Two females were in the property and the alarms had not woken them.
"Firefighters rescued them to the open air and they were not suffering any ill effects."
First published at 11:08, Saturday, 01 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|