X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Barrow women rescued after house fire

TWO women were rescued by firefighters after a kitchen fire.

Barrow's red watch were called at around 5.10am today to an address in Gateway, in Barrow.

A pizza had been left in the oven and had caught fire, firefighters said the fire was contained in the oven but  a large amount of smoke had filled the ground floor of the house.

Two firefighters with breathing apparatus found the ground floor filled with smoke and two women asleep upstairs.

Ian Westall, crew manager, said: "Unattended food is the biggest cause of fires in the Barrow area.

"Two females were in the property and the alarms had not woken them.

"Firefighters rescued them to the open air and they were not suffering any ill effects."

 

Have your say

Be the first to comment on this article!

Make your comment

Your name

Your Email

Your Town/City

Your comment


SHARE THIS ARTICLE

North West Evening Mail What's on search










Powered by
nwemail.co.uk/jobs

Hot Jobs

Loading latest hot jobs...
Powered by Zoopla.co.uk






Featured companies

Searching for featured companies...
Search for:

Vote

Can the increase in child poverty in the UK be halted?

Yes

No

Show Result


Reuse

Going digital

World's biggest coffee morning 2014

WCF pet and equestrian

Choosing a pre school

Come and join us 5


To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code

North West Evening Mail

Evening Mail Going Out