Barrow women rescued after house fire
Last updated at 19:41, Saturday, 01 December 2012
TWO women were rescued by firefighters after a kitchen fire.
Barrow's red watch were called at around 5.10am today to an address in Gateway, in Barrow.
A pizza had been left in the oven and had caught fire, firefighters said the fire was contained in the oven but a large amount of smoke had filled the ground floor of the house.
Two firefighters with breathing apparatus found the ground floor filled with smoke and two women asleep upstairs.
Ian Westall, crew manager, said: "Unattended food is the biggest cause of fires in the Barrow area.
"Two females were in the property and the alarms had not woken them.
"Firefighters rescued them to the open air and they were not suffering any ill effects."
First published at 11:08, Saturday, 01 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|