Two sought after Barrow robbery
Last updated at 09:50, Thursday, 31 May 2012
POLICE have released descriptions of two men wanted after a man was robbed in a Barrow back street.
Barrow CID are investigating the incident, which happened in a back street running parallel to Rawlinson Street between Lord Street and Crellin Street. The attack took place behind Batty's off licence yesterday just before 10am.
DS John Dilks said: "We would like to reassure the public that this is an isolated incident, however we are keen for their assistance in finding the two males we believe are responsible.
"The first man is described as aged 30 to 35 years old and 5’11 in height. He is of stocky build and has longish dark curly hair and dark stubble. He was wearing a sleeveless hooded top. The second man is in his early twenties and was also around 5’11. He is of medium build with fair short cropped hair. He was wearing a multicoloured t-shirt."
DS Dilks said no weapon had been used in the attack, although the victim, a 35-year-old man from Barrow, suffered minor facial injuries.
He had his brown leather wallet stolen, containing cash and cards.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, thinks they may have seen the men or has found anything they think may be stolen property is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101
First published at 12:07, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|