Barrow psychiatric patient flees from taxi
Published at 16:16, Thursday, 05 June 2014
BARROW police were called after a psychiatric patient fled from a taxi.
The man was being transferred from the Dova Unit, in Barrow, to Burnley General Hospital yesterday.
The Dova Unit deals with people with acute mental illness
Police were called at 3.24pm after the man got out of the vehicle at the Mill Brow roundabout near Dalton.
The man refused to get back in the vehicle and resisted arrest.
Police managed to get the man back into the hospital transport and he was then returned to the Dova Unit.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|