Barrow police locate stolen Jaguar
Last updated at 11:25, Monday, 11 February 2013
POLICE are investigating the theft of a Jaguar saloon from outside a house in Barrow over the weekend.
The grey Jaguar X-Type 2005 – valued at about £6,000 - was taken after a set of keys were stolen from a home in Nelson Street, Hindpool, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It has since been recovered by police in the St George's Square area but investigations into the theft are ongoing.
The brazen offender or offenders gained entry to the house via an unsecured door sometime between midnight and 8am while the occupants slept.
Following the incident, police have urged all residents to ensure they lock their house even when at home.
Anyone with information that could assist officers is asked to contact Barrow police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 17:55, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|