Barrow police locate stolen Jaguar
Last updated at 11:25, Monday, 11 February 2013
POLICE are investigating the theft of a Jaguar saloon from outside a house in Barrow over the weekend.
The grey Jaguar X-Type 2005 – valued at about £6,000 - was taken after a set of keys were stolen from a home in Nelson Street, Hindpool, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It has since been recovered by police in the St George's Square area but investigations into the theft are ongoing.
The brazen offender or offenders gained entry to the house via an unsecured door sometime between midnight and 8am while the occupants slept.
Following the incident, police have urged all residents to ensure they lock their house even when at home.
Anyone with information that could assist officers is asked to contact Barrow police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 17:55, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
- Barrow and Dalton among most desirable places to live - poll finds (19 comments)
- Keswick to Barrow walk now fully subscribed (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|